Set in the heart of the historic district of the first settlement on the Mississippi River, Devereaux Shields House offers guests an exceptional getaway experience full of Southern charm and hospitality. Choose from our luxurious two-room suites in the Main House or our charming rooms in Aunt Clara’s Cottage, which are also pet-friendly. Enjoy thoughtful amenities, wonderful verandas and gardens and concierge guidance to our rich regional history, home of America's music. Each morning we delight our guests with a full Southern breakfast, and our afternoon wine and cheese welcome receptions are not to be missed!
Our Natchez bed and breakfast is an ideal location for romantic getaways in Mississippi. Spend an afternoon strolling Bluff Park, touring beautiful Antebellum homes, or enjoy live music and distinctive dining downtown. We also offer a variety of Southern adventure packages, including kayaking, boat tours, and Cajun cooking experiences. Come and experience our acclaimed “Victorian Southern Comfort” at our historic bed and breakfast in Natchez, Mississippi.
Select Registry member since 2015
• Payment - Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Cash
• Check In - 2 pm - 6 pm, Late check in fees apply without prior arrangements. Check Out - 11 am.
• Children - Responsible children, typically age 10+ are welcome. Reasonable exceptions available. Additional per night occupancy charges will apply.
• Smoking - Interior areas are non-smoking. Outdoor smoking areas only.
• Pets - Well-mannered pets are acceptable in Aunt Clara's Cottage rooms with prior arrangements. A $15 per pet fee per night applies.
• Rates - Rates are based on single or double occupancy and are subject to MS room tax of 10% and a city tourism tax of $2 per room per night and a $1 per night B&B Industry fee. Additional occupancy is $30 per person to cover linens, towels and breakfast.
• Booking Deposit - A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the total or a minimum $35 per room booked is due on the date of booking.
• Cancellations or Modifications - Require a minimum 8 days advance notice to avoid a room charge for the first night. No refund is issued if cancelled within 3 days before check-in. Modified cancellation policies apply to reservations involving groups or the booking of multiple rooms.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes, Over 6
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
One of the highlights of a stay at our Natchez bed and breakfast is the three-course Southern breakfast, lovingly prepared by owner/innkeeper Eleanor Fry. Complimentary hot and cold beverages and snacks are available 24/7. Early morning beverage service is available from 7:00 am for early risers. Breakfast is served at 8:30 am in our beautiful, historic dining rooms with group or private seating available, and garden or breakfast in bed service is available with special packages. We are happy to accommodate any special dietary needs with advanced notice, and can arrange lighter or to go options for early risers. Special lunches and dinners for guests on property and picnics baskets for offsite enjoyment may be arranged with prior planning and additional cost.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
Our Natchez lodging options include six rooms and suites split between our Main House, a c1893-1904 Queen Anne Victorian, and Aunt Clara’s Cottage, a charming 1870's Victorian a few doors down. Each room has its own distinct personality, yet all are equally charming with luxury amenities, and both homes offer beautiful outdoor gardens spaces where you can relax and enjoy nature with a beverage. All the rooms offer high quality linens, private baths, cable TV, and complimentary WiFi internet. We also accept pets as guests in the Aunt Clara’s Cottage with advanced notice.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 6
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
• Victorian Southern Comfort experience in historic property
• Guest-acclaimed B&B experience with unmatched Southern hospitality
• Comprehensive concierge service knowledge
• Ideal location in the heart of historic Natchez
• Lodging options in luxurious 1893 Main House and Pet-friendly 1873 Cottage
• A fabulous full Southern breakfast each morning
• Spacious rooms & suites with beautiful furnishings
• Modern luxury amenities including private baths
• Afternoon wine & cheese welcome receptions
• Family & Pet friendly accommodations available
• Intimate celebrations or elopements
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Fitness Center , Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: City/Metro, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Elope to Devereaux Shields House, and enjoy an intimate celebration in our elegant parlors or gardens. Our Mississippi elopement packages feature everything you need for a stress-free small wedding, including:
• An experienced Wedding Officiant to perform the ceremony
• Your choice of Bouquet or Corsage, and Groom’s Boutonniere
• Beautiful Fresh Flower Bouquet and vase in your room
• Petite 6-inch Wedding Cake decorated with matching flowers
• Champagne or Non-Alcoholic Bubbly and Keepsake Flutes
• Commemorative Engraved Brick in our garden walk to come back and visit on your anniversary!
Two night minimum stay required for wedding couple. Package price does not include lodging.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Ceremony, Receptions, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Our Devereaux Shields Main House can accommodate board or retreat meetings of 8-10 in a comfortable parlor environment. Our 1870’s Aunt Clara's Cottage has a Breakfast/Reading/Meeting room for business meetings with a capacity of 18 in the round and 25 theatre style. Capable wireless Internet, audio visual support, beverages, snacks and catered meals are available.
- Reception Seating: 20
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 25
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 18
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Types: Retreats