On a peaceful hillside above the historic village of West Dover, Deerhill Inn gazes across the wooded Deerfield Valley to Vermont's Southern Green Mountains. Just two and a half hours from Boston and four from New York City it's a special place, where guests return often to enjoy all vibrant Southern Vermont has to offer, or just relax and enjoy each other's company. Five minutes from the Inn, Mount Snow is a world-class winter sports resort with downhill skiing and snowboarding, and nearby there are sleigh-rides, snowshoeing and wonderful dog-sledding. In the Summer guests discover two championship-quality golf-courses within a five minute drive, plus hiking, biking, or simply driving through the beautiful Green Mountain National Forest. Nearby Lake Whitingham offers water-sports and boat trips. Guests can browse local antique and craft shops, visit historic homes and sample Vermont-produced wine, cheese and a host of other fresh, local products. Beautifully-decorated guest rooms welcome guests when they return to the Inn. Each unique room or suite features luxury robes and bed linens, L'Occitane amenities and free Wi-Fi. With Mountain views or private decks, many guest rooms have jetted tubs, rainforest showers, fireplaces and TV/DVD players to make a stay extra-special. Sitting and Dining Rooms are cozy and welcoming with log fires and Mountain views where guests can enjoy Afternoon Tea or a glass of wine curled up with a book or chatting with a friend - or there's a cute and cozy Bar for a cocktail. Guests select their favorite indulgence - or lighter fare if they prefer - from the full, cooked country Breakfast Menu and Dinners at Deerhill Inn feature healthy and delicious dishes showcasing the best of local produce. On long Summer evenings, watch the sun set behind the Green Mountains and the stars appear. In Winter-time, cozy-up beside the log fires in the glow from candles and lamps while the snow falls outside. Spring brings bright green to the wooded Deerfield Valley and the fruit trees come into blossom. Fall Foliage offers never-to-be-forgotten vistas of red and gold. Whenever you visit, you'll be warmly welcomed and will return home refreshed and relaxed with a new set of great Vermont memories!
We welcome children over twelve years old however the Inn is not suitable for younger children.
We are sorry, but we cannot accept guest pets at the Inn: even with deep-cleaning of guest rooms this may cause problems for other guests. We do of course welcome Service Animals - please visit our website to view our Deerhill Inn Service Animal Policy.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Over 12
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Whether served in our dining room with wonderful Green Mountain views or in the privacy of your suite our full, cooked country breakfast is a special indulgence. Select from our Breakfast Menu featuring local eggs, bacon and sausage, Chef's Omelet with a wide choice of fillings and home-made pancakes. For the health-conscious we offer fruit, yoghurt and granola, all from local suppliers. Locally-roasted coffee and a fine selection of black, green and herbal teas are available throughout the day, with a plate of homemade sweet treats in the afternoon. At dinner time, we offer "friendly fine dining" - all our guests are warmly welcomed whether they dress for the occasion or choose to dine in comfortable country clothes. Executive Chef Elizabeth Sisk designs her Menus to feature fresh local produce, and chooses meat and fish from trustworthy suppliers offering product free from hormones, additives and preservatives. Her dishes are innovative, healthy and satisfying with a strong seasonal focus, all prepared "from scratch" in our own Kitchen. Sous Chef and Pâtissier Kim Saumell specializes in delectable desserts and offers a wonderful selection of hand-picked Vermont cheeses with original accompaniments. Our cellar features a careful selection of New World wines, earning the coveted Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for twelve straight years, together with a list of Vermont and imported beers. If you enjoy a cocktail we'll be happy to mix it for you, just the way you like it. We can offer gluten-free and dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan alternatives for our guests and accommodate most food allergies. The Deerhill Inn Restaurant is not always open every evening - as our guests at the Inn, we will make sure you know our serving hours in plenty of time to plan your visit. Whenever you join us, though, we will do our very best to make your dining experience a memorable one
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
13 individually-decorated accommodations welcome guests at Deerhill Inn - unique, comfortable, and elegant. Rooms and Suites all offer microfiber robes, luxury linens, toiletries by L'Occitane, CD players, free access to reliable high-speed WiFi and complimentary home-baked cookies and bottled Vermont waters. In addition, Suites and Enhanced Rooms feature single or two-person jetted tubs, TVs with DVD players and cable service, and cozy gas fireplaces. Although our hillside breezes keep the Inn cool in summer, from May to September a number of our rooms have discreet air conditioning units for guests who prefer this. There are stunning views of the Green Mountains, and private decks leading into the lovely gardens and overlooking our secluded and peaceful pool. To make your stay extra-special, choose one of our in-room Deerhill Indulgences - or for a special occasion - or "just because" - book the perfect Deerhill Package.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 13
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Rollaway Available, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Laundry Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV , CD Players, DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Music Library, Video Library
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
Fast, free WiFi is accessible everywhere in the Inn including in guest rooms and a portable guest phone is available. Innkeepers live at the property, and are available to assist guests at any time. In-suite services include breakfast in bed, wine and cheese, chocolates and champagne and massages. Drinks are available from the cozy bar. The Innkeepers are always happy to help with information on the many things to see and do in Southern Vermont, or to plan a relaxing day at the Inn.
- Internet Services: Wired, Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Deerhill Inn Weddings promise a truly memorable experience offering everything from a two-person elopement to an elegant or casual event with family and friends for up to 60 people. If you just want to run away together for a unique, warm and personal experience, we'll take care of everything - the Celebrant, the location, special pampering and delicious food for the Wedding Couple, photographs, flowers - whatever is important to you. If you prefer to invite the people nearest to you to share your special event, we can arrange anything from a casual barbeque in the grounds to an up-scale, elegant occasion with beautiful decorations and exceptional food and wine. Our Destination Wedding packages allow you to take over the whole Inn for a complete weekend - it's like having your own country house to host your friends and family for your Wedding, with someone else taking care of all the arrangements! Our own Inn can accommodate your Wedding Party - up to 26 overnight guests - and we can arrange near-by accommodation for additional family and friends at very favorable rates. Tell us what you have in mind for your very special day and we will be happy to help!
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer, Decorator
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Deerhill Inn can accommodate a wide range of meetings and events, from simple one-day training sessions to full-scale corporate retreats lasting several days. We are always happy to look at your requirements and see whether we can help.
- Banquet Seating: Up to 60
- Reception Seating: Up to 60
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 100
- Max Capacity Theater: NA
- Max Capacity Classroom: 30
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 30
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 26
- Total Meeting Rooms: Flexible
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social