The Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast is 10 minutes from downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, and a mountain top away. Built in 1927, the Inn and the 17 English Cottage style guest rooms are nestled around the Inn's courtyard, swimming pool, firepit, and Bocce court. All rooms have a private bath, individual central heat and air, DVD player, flat screen TV with cable and Wifi covers the whole property. Some rooms also feature a private patio, fireplace and/or whirlpool or steam shower.
The inn is directly across the street from Rock City Gardens and two Banquet facilities all with spectacular views of the Chattanooga valley. Nearby Ruby Falls and the Incline Railway are within a 5 minute drive from the Inn. Also nearby is hiking trails with waterfalls and views, golf courses, restaurants, shopping, and many other Chattanooga attractions. Family owned and operated, our Chattanooga bed and breakfast chef serves a full home-made breakfast each morning and homemade desserts every evening. We'll make sure your stay with us is comfortable and memorable.
Select Registry member since 2003
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Pool , Free Onsite Parking , Gardens on Property
- Member Since: 2003
- Minimum Stay Required: Holidays, Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Food & Wine
Enjoy a Delicious Homemade Breakfast
Our bountiful breakfast is served each morning in our bright and cheerful dining room, sun room, or outside on our lovely mountain stone patio. Take in the beautiful views of the gardens or sit back and watch the many species of birds that call The Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast home. Enjoy an array of fresh fruits, cereals, homemade breads, granola, sweet breads and cakes prepared daily.
If you have a heartier appetite, we offer hot entrees that change daily. These include Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes, Eggs Benedict, Assorted Frittatas, Belgian Waffles, and a variety of potato crusted Quiches. Whether you are heading out to conquer one of the many hiking trails or taking in the sights of nearby Chattanooga, our breakfast is sure to add a delightful start to your day.
To quench your thirst, enjoy a glass of Fresh squeezed orange juice or a cup of our locally roasted hot coffee.
Please notify us in advance if you have any special dietary needs we would be happy to accommodate.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
All guest rooms have private Bathrooms, pillow top bed, Flat Screen TV w/Dvd, free access to our DVD library, in-room controlled central air conditioning/heat, complimentary local and long distance phone calls, free Wifi, clock/radio, premium bath products, iron & ironing board, hairdryer, and in-room ice & bottled water. Room rates include a full homemade breakfast every morning of your stay.
All rooms except Room 16 and Room 17 have private patios, and all rooms except Room 17 have exterior entrances. Select rooms offer plush robes, small refrigerators stocked with complementary water and soft drinks, whirlpool tubs and electric or gas fireplaces.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 17
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Location Type: Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Atop Lookout Mountain, is the perfect place to get married at 1700 feet above sea level. You’ll find warm spaces for weddings and intimate gatherings. The valley views will provide a beautiful backdrop for a memorable wedding. There are a few locations available here on the mountain that we work very closely with. Two are directly across the street from our Inn, contact us for more information, we will assist you in helping make your wedding a memorable one.
Elopements on site, Banquet facilities directly across street
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 200+
- Events Supported: Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Atop Lookout Mountain, is the perfect place to help you think outside the box. Reach your peak productivity 1700 feet above sea level. You’ll find warm spaces for intimate gatherings, boardroom business, and breakout discussions. Have round table discussions where the valley views provide the backdrop to exhilarate the mind. There are a few locations available here on the mountain that we work very closely with. Two are directly across the street from our Inn, contact us for more info and we will assist in making your meeting a great success.
- Banquet Seating: unlimited
- Reception Seating: unlimited
- Max Capacity Outdoor: unlimited
- Max Capacity Classroom: unlimited
- Max Capacity Boardroom: unlimited
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: unlimited
- Total Meeting Rooms: 2
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social