The Carroll Villa Hotel and Mad Batter Restaurant is located in the heart of Historic Cape May and it was built in 1892. The Carroll Villa is one of the last remaining hotels in Cape May that is on the national historic register. We are a third generation family run business. We opened our doors in 1976 and have been proudly serving and entertaining our guests ever since.
We currently have 19 beautifully decorated rooms all with private bathrooms. All of our rooms include a breakfast or lunch voucher to be used at our award winning restaurant the Mad Batter. We also offer our guests daily happy hour ( voted best happy hour 4 years in a row) and 30% off of dinner if you decide to join with us. During the summer months we provide our guests with beach towels, beach umbrellas and chairs. For every night that we are open we have live music! Dont forget open mic every Sunday night that features local talent as well as musicians that travel near and far to be a part of the experience.
The Carroll Villa is situated half a block from the Atlantic Ocean and half a block from the pedestrian walking mall. Whether you're looking to come and relax on the beach, check out the Victorian homes and historical sights or indulge in one of the local wineries or breweries, we've got something for you.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Only in designated areas
- Family Friendly: Yes
Food & Wine
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
Merging boutique hotel accommodations with Victorian charm, each room is uniquely decorated and furnished with an eclectic blend of Eastlake, Craftsman and mid-century modern pieces. Use of color and design make this historic hotel pop with new vibrancy, breathing 21st century life into classic Victorian architecture and furnishings.
- # Rooms: 19
- Beds: Twin, Double, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Hair dryers, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Inn Amenities: Shuttle Service, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Coastal, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
We offer an intimate setting for weddings and rehearsal dinners.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor