A home away from home awaits you on the Jersey Seashore. Let the resident owners, Wanda and Michael O'Brien, take care of your every need. The Candlelight Inn, a Queen Anne Victorian, is just a few miles north of Cape May on an Island that features ocean and bay breezes for your enjoyment. Relax on our wrap around verandah in our rocking chairs, porch swing, or hammock. Located in residential North Wildwood, we are three blocks from the wooden boardwalk and the beach.
There is something for everyone in the area. Tour lighthouses, take a Trolley tour through Cape May, visit the zoo, visit one of the many wineries in our area, or take a stroll on the boardwalk and play a game on the pier. Whether you visit in the summer heat or the offseason, The Candlelight Inn has accommodations to suit you. We offer beach amenities in the summer and have gas and electric fireplaces in every room to warm your winter nights. There are seven rooms and one suite in the main house and one room and one suite in our Carriage house. No matter what time of year bring your bathing suits to enjoy our outdoor six-person Jacuzzi hot tub located on the private deck attached to the Carriage House.
Select Registry member since 2001
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: No
Food & Wine
Breakfast is an occasion at the Candlelight Inn. It is served in the main dining room amid a variety of antiquities that will delight even the most ardent collectors. You will find a built-in oak breakfront, chestnut pocket doors, and many fine collectibles. We use locally grown produce and home grown herbs.
The breakfast fare is deliciously prepared by your Innkeepers. Taste buds come alive as you sample fresh fruits, juices, muffins, egg dishes, waffles, pancakes, French toast, , and freshly brewed coffee and tea. If you have special dietary needs, call us and we will accommodate you. A breakfast highlight is the company and conversation you will enjoy with our other guests, truly a delightful way to start your day.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Communal
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
The Candlelight Inn has seven uniquely Victorian rooms and one suite in the main house, and one room and one suite that are more modern beach accommodations in the Carriage House. Every room has a private bath and modern amenities intermingled with antique or wicker furniture, including king and queen size beds. The Ground floor of the main house offers two rooms with their own private parlor; ideal for couples traveling together. Visit our website for full room descriptions and pictures.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 10
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Location Type: Coastal, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
- Meeting Types: Social