The grand Canal Street Inn and the enchanting live oaks, elms, orange, lemon and pecan trees await you in this 1912 New Orleans mansion. Harmonious, well-appointed guestrooms invite you to rest and enjoy your journey. Watch the Street Car roll by the oak-lined avenue while you relax on the front porch of our majestic Greek revival mansion.
Experience the refined, classical elegance of a past time when graciousness and simple living was the norm. Meticulously hand made archways and ceilings adorn this 18th century home with romantic stained glass windows and magnificent woodwork. Cozy up in the window seat with a good book or have a glass of wine under the pergola in our lush garden that’s just less than 300 years old. Enjoy our fulfilling country style, southern breakfast in our dining room or on our casual back porch.
Select Registry member 2016
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Fitness Center, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Food & Wine
Our breakfasts feature hearty creations that highlight New Orleans and Sounthern traditions.
We have two sittting for breakfast 8:00am and 9:00 am.
Complementary snacks and refreshments are available for all the guests. We supply a wide variety of Teas for our guests. We have two small refrigerators, small ice machine, and microwave for guest use. Feel free to put drinks, left-overs, etc. in the refrigerator.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast Seating: Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Each Canal Street Inn guestroom is unique, with original artwork and distinctive décor. Some rooms feature photography, some paintings or drawings; others display exotic textiles, vintage costumes, or posters from different parts of the world. All rooms have a plasma TV with cable, telephone with voice mail, free high-speed wireless Internet access, private baths, iron/ironing board, alarm clock, hairdryer, bottled water, bath robes, and air conditioning. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Accommodations: Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Hair dryers, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves, Laundry Service, Dry Cleaning
- Entertainment: Cable TV , iPod Docking Stations
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Fitness Center , Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Location Type: City/Metro
Weddings & Events
Take a step back in time where grace and southern elegance come together to make your special event memorable. Whether you are planning an elopement, an intimate wedding, reception or just celebrating a special event, you have come to the right place.
To make an appointment for a tour of our home or to plan a special event please contact Canal Street Inn by phone at (504) 483-3033
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Decorator
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor