Relaxed, cozy, romantic, and very friendly, the Camden Maine Stay Inn is a grand old home located in the historic district of Camden Maine, one of America's most beautiful seaside villages. A two-block walk down tree-lined streets brings you to the harbor park, shops, and restaurants.
Mid-coast Maine has it all. Guests at the Camden Maine Stay Inn bed and breakfast can walk four blocks to over thirty miles of wonderful Camden Hills State Park trails, play golf on one of the country's premier courses, sail in a windjammer, eat lobster within yards of where they are being caught or sit on the rock at the top of Mt. Battie where poet Edna St. Vincent Millay sat to gaze at the islands in the bay and gain inspiration.
In 1802, when Thomas Jefferson was President of the United States, Route 1 was a dirt road and Maine was still a part of the state of Massachusetts, Alden Bass built a house at 22 High Street here in Camden. A striking main house with an attached carriage house and a four-story barn, the home is an outstanding example of the progressive farm buildings common to 19th century Maine. The Camden Maine Stay is the second oldest of the sixty-six lovely homes that are listed on the National Register of Historical Places in the High Street Historic District.
Select Registry member since 1995
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
- Minimum Stay Required: Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Food & Wine
Breakfast is a special time at the Camden Maine Stay. Guests can choose to sit at a table for two on the sun porch which overlooks our lovely two acre garden or join a convivial group of travelers at the large harvest table in the dining room. In either case you will find a table set in an elegant country way.
If you intend to take an early morning hike, you will find coffee ready by 7:30. Depending on the day, morning menus may include fresh juice, stuffed French toast, waffles and sausage, molasses or blueberry pancakes, homemade granola baked with pure Maine maple syrup, egg casserole, straight from the oven muffins, coffee cakes or scones and... much more!
Guests are always welcome in our big country kitchen where you can gather around the old Queen Atlantic stove and discuss the day's events. In the afternoon you can have tea or coffee and raid the cookie jar.
Although we do not serve dinner here at the inn, there are fifteen restaurants within a ten minute walk. You can enjoy picnic table lobster while you watch a lobsterman hauling traps, savor scallops within just a few yards of a million dollar schooner, try one of the ethnic eateries or dress up, bring money and dine on gourmet continental haute cuisine.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Our eight rooms are all different. This was a private home and the rooms reflect the different needs that the owners had since 1802 when the house was built. You will live the experience of the life in an old time home in the middle of the historic district of Camden. In all of them you will feel the history and the tradition of Maine. Each room has a private bathroom and some of them have a fireplace.
- Accommodations: Apartment, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 8
- Beds: Twin, Queen
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Alarm Clocks
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, iPod Docking Stations, Video Library
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Location Type: Mountains, Coastal, Small Town/Village