This is a Berkshires treasure, a Victorian home in Western Massachusetts with 12 guest rooms, plus a carriage house with three additional luxury accommodations, including a two-room suite. Surrounded by trees and award-winning gardens, Brook Farm Inn feels secluded and serene, but it's just a short walk to historic Lenox village. Built in 1882, and furnished with antiques, this Lenox, Massachusetts bed and breakfast inn features a library filled with poetry history and literature, where the sounds of classical music can be heard in the background.
Brook Farm Inn is close to Tanglewood and all the cultural and outdoor attractions that make the Berkshires unique. The gracious hospitality is unsurpassed, and friendly hosts offer assistance in planning a memorable Berkshires vacation. The sumptuous buffet breakfasts start off the day, then guests enjoy downhill and X-country skiing, hiking, biking, theater, concerts, antiquing, museums and historic homes. On Fridays and Saturdays, afternoon tea with homemade scones are served by the library fireplace. The foliage season is spectacular, and special packages are offered. Two of the rooms in the carriage house are handicap accessible.
Select Registry member since 2001
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
Food & Wine
Coffee is ready at 8 and guests can enjoy the New York Times or the Boston Globe in the library while they wait for breakfast. On Sundays, copies of the NYT puzzle are available so there are no early morning skirmishes.
A gourmet breakfast buffet begins at 8:30 until 10:00.
Our guests choose from hot egg dishes, tortas, frittatas, healthy breads from Berkshire Mountain Bakery, delicious homemade muffins or scones or cakes, Greek yogurt and granola, fresh fruit, Harney Teas, and coffee roasted by No. Six Depot which is freshly ground each morning. We serve freshly squeezed orange juice and other juices. During July and August, on Saturday mornings, we serve bagels and lox with heirloom tomatoes, a variety of cream cheeses, fresh dill, capers, and thinly sliced Spanish onion.
We always have vegetarian choices and try to accomodate special dietary needs.
Friday and Saturday Afternoon Tea
Join other guests between 4 and 5 in the inn's library for freshly brewed tea in your favorite teacup while you browse our poetry collection and enjoy a homemade scone -- strawberry shortcake with ricotta, honey and lavender, or toasted coconut/chocolate chip.
Our guest pantry is stocked with coffee and tea and a Keurig machine, a filled cookie jar, mugs and wine glasses to borrow. Guest may use refrigerators and an ice machine. Plan a picnic at one of the umbrella-shaded tables in our delightful garden, or have a midnight snack any time!
Rooms & Suites
Every room has a private bathroom, air conditioning, ceiling fans, telephones, hair dryers and luxurious bathroom amenities. The three rooms in the carriage house have private entrances and Keurig machines as well as outdoor lounge areas. (The Tanglewood Suite has its own deck which enjoys the morning sun.) Most rooms accomodate two persons with two rooms able to accomodate 4 and two rooms able to house three.
Many have additional features such as fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, tv and dvd players, and canopy beds. Free WiFi is available.
If you've forgotten a toiletry, the guest pantry houses extras.
- Accommodations: Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 15
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Music Library, Video Library
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Pool, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Dedicated Spa Facilities, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Location Type: Rural, Small Town/Village
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes, Over 12
Weddings & Events
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant, Caterer, Florist
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor