Brewster House Bed & Breakfast is a comfortable and inviting 1888 Queen Anne Victorian home located among other historic homes, yet just steps from L.L. Bean and Freeport outlet shops. Built by a Mayflower descendant, Brewster House, a Freeport, Maine bed and breakfast, offers comfortably elegant rooms with charming decor, gas fireplaces, bay windows and large private baths.
Relax in your room, or in our cozy parlor, and enjoy our afternoon refreshments, after your visit to the Freeport shops and outlets. Or spend your day-tripping to nearby lighthouses, coastal beaches, and state parks, or a sail in Casco Bay on an antique wooden schooner. We'll provide maps, directions, and suggested itineraries to help you explore the Maine coast and find your way to lighthouses and lobster shacks.
In addition to the 5 king or queen rooms at our Freeport bed and breakfast, we have two 2-bedroom suites, for 3 or 4 guests. Three of our rooms have gas fireplaces, and all have fine ironed linens, luxurious robes, and slippers, Keurig coffee-makers, HDTV's w/ HBO, clock radios with iPod/iPhone docks, air conditioning, and individual heat. There is complimentary hi-speed WiFi throughout the house. We are also pleased to offer a varied stock of bottled wines for your pleasure.
Select Registry member since 2011
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
We serve a full, hot, gourmet breakfast daily. We begin with either a hot or cold fruit course, and alternate between sweet and savory main courses daily. Mary loves to try new recipes, so you'll rarely have the same meal twice - even on return visits!
We use the freshest available ingredients, locally produced when possible, and our baked goods are all made here.
We make every reasonable effort to accommodate special diets, whether vegetarian, gluten-free, lactose intolerant, or a variety of allergies. That said, there may be things we aren't able to accomodate, but we certainly do what we can to help.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
We have seven guest rooms (two are two-room suites) each with private bath (all baths include a tub/shower combination except our ground floor room). We have one ground floor room with a low-sill shower and a king bed (which can be made up as two twin beds on request). Our four queen rooms are on the second floor. Three have gas fireplaces with custom mantels, while the fourth has a large bay window and a spacious bath with original hardwood flooring.
Our suites are located on the third floor. Our Bass Harbor Suite has a large king room and a smaller room with two twin beds (these can be made into a king bed on request) for those traveling with children, or other adults.
The Portland Head Suite has a large bedroom, in which the bed can be configured either as a California king or (2) long twins. A large bath room is located between the bedroom and smaller sitting room. The sitting room is furnished with a with flat-screen satellite television with complimentary HBO, opening skylight and a small sleeper-sofa that makes into a single bed when needed for an extra person. Both suites also have mini-refrigerators and Keurig coffee-makers.
All our guestrooms have air conditioning in summer and individual heating controls for cooler weather. There is complimentary hi-speed WiFi internet connectivity throughout the house.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 7, 9
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Laundry Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV , iPod Docking Stations, Video Library
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No, Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Concierge Services, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Coastal, Small Town/Village
- Minimum Stay Required: Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes
Weddings & Events
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor