Enjoy warm Nantucket hospitality in a classic setting – come to the Brass Lantern! Located in the heart of Nantucket’s Cultural and Old Historic District, the Brass Lantern is a beautifully restored seventeen room bed and breakfast inn where you will enjoy a relaxing and memorable holiday.
Frequently named ‘Best on Nantucket’, the Brass Lantern will be your perfect ‘home’ on Nantucket. Our Main Inn, built after Nantucket’s Great Fire in 1846, is in the Greek Revival style and offers high ceilings, tall windows, and a sweeping front staircase. All of the original architectural details have been retained and enhanced in the 18 years since Michelle Langlois purchased the Inn. The Main Inn includes the Foyer, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Reception, Powder Room and Kitchen and seven guest rooms with en suite bath and one two bedroom suite, which are all named for whaling ships that had left Nantucket at the time that the Inn was built.
The Garden Wing, added in the mid-1980s, offers eight spacious guest rooms, all en suite. The second floor rooms all have vaulted ceilings with high windows and sky and roof-top views.
The garden and patio are and adjacent to the Garden Wing and provide a restful spot for an al fresco breakfast or takeaway lunch, or to enjoy a late afternoon glass of wine.
Select Registry member since 2014
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Gardens on Property
Food & Wine
Breakfast at the Brass Lantern includes home made granola with yogurt and fresh berries, hard cheeses, fresh baked scones and muffins, bagels and toast, fresh juices and French press coffee and teas.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Continental
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 17
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Hair dryers, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV , iPod Docking Stations
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Coastal, Small Town/Village