An artful blend of Napa Valley history, modern comforts, and warm hospitality. The only remaining 1860 Calistoga hot springs resort cottage still in its original location built by Calistoga's founder and California's first millionaire Samuel Brannan, this National Register of Historic Places icon has been reimagined for a modern twist on Victorian luxury. Six unique rooms, thoughtfully outfitted with in-demand conveniences and surrounded by lush gardens, offer a relaxing setting to explore this legendary region's wine, food, spa, and scenery. Plan every aspect of your exceptional stay or unforgettable elopement with our skilled concierge services. Winner, Sunset 2015 Travel Award, Best Hotel Renovation of the West; USA Today Ten Best Romantic Places to Stay in Napa Valley.
Each guest room is stylishly renovated to be supremely comfortable. Choose from Historic Queen or King accommodations in the Inn’s landmark 1860 main building, or Deluxe King rooms in Brannan House just steps across the garden offer a bit more space, a more contemporary feel and added amenities like a fireplace and private deck. All rooms have dreamy pillowtop beds with Frette duvet linens & robes; flatscreen TV with complimentary HBO, Showtime, STARZ, Netflix and Amazon Instant Video; in-room Illy Espresso; bedside charging stations; ensuite bathroom with rain shower, heated floor and deluxe CO Bigelow or Malin + Goetz toiletries; mini-fridge; individually controlled heat/AC; WiFi and guest parking. Complimentary continental breakfast includes fresh daily pastries, fruit, smoothies, organic Yo El Rey coffee and Numi tea. Brannan Cottage Inn is an entirely non-smoking property.
The Inn is ideally situated to discover walkable, charming Calistoga. Diverse Michelin- and Zagat-rated restaurants, hot springs spas, world class wineries, hiking & biking trails, museums, art galleries and vibrant nightlife are all nearby. Ask us about Calistoga's popular free, on-demand shuttle upon check in.
Select Registry member since 2016
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
Food & Wine
Our complimentary continental breakfast includes a fresh daily assortment of pastries, fruit, made-to-order smoothies and organic Yo El Rey coffee and Numi teas. Each room is outfitted with an illy Espresso machine for that early morning (or afternoon) jolt of caffeine. We're also delighted to provide a cheese and fruit plate or charcuterie platter for a pick-me-up snack if you're arriving hungry.
The Inn is perfectly situated just five minutes from some excellent dining spots, from Cafe Sarafornia or Sam's Social Club for that perfect breakfast, to a diverse array of outstanding restaurants. Let us know what you're looking for so we can point you to the right one!
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Continental
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Picnics Available, Room Service
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
Our six rooms are an award-winning mix of period touches and modern comforts. Our fully renovated 1862 Victorian main building has 3 Historic Queen rooms including one ADA Queen, and one Historic King room, each with a garden view. Complimentary amenities include supremely comfy beds, Frette duvet linens, flatscreen TV with premium entertainment, in-room illy Espresso, individually controlled heat/AC, mini-fridge, bedside charging stations and thoughtfully chosen residential furnishings, ensuite bathroom has rain shower, heated floors, deluxe CO Bigelow toiletries, and plush Frette robes for lounging. T3 hairdryers and irons also provided.
Two Deluxe King rooms located in Brannan House, just steps across the garden, have all of the above amenities. Each Deluxe King is elevated and a bit more spacious with modern decor, a dutch door overlooking a private terrace, and a cozy fireplace for romantic evenings. Ensuite bathroom has a rain shower, heated floors, complimentary Malin + Goetz toiletries and plush Frette robes.
Brannan Cottage Inn guests are welcome to use the hot springs pool and jacuzzi at Comfort Inn Calistoga, our sister property, just a quarter mile away.
- # Rooms: 6
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Telephones, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Music Library, Video Library
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, National Historic Registry, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Dreaming about a Napa Valley wedding? Brannan Cottage Inn is a uniquely historic spot for your intimate elopement, vow renewal, romantic honeymoon or proposal. Our six beautifully appointed rooms can also be reserved for guest lodging. We are proud to partner with Napa Valley Elopements & Studio On Main to plan every aspect and capture memories of your unforgettable day. All-inclusive luxury packages are available. Please contact us for a complimentary consultation.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer, Decorator
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Flexible indoor & outdoor meeting space for 2-12 people in the parlor of our 1860 historic landmark building, as well as a garden patio, brick courtyard and lawn areas.
- Banquet Seating: 12
- Reception Seating: 12
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 12
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 300
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social