The award-winning Brampton Inn is a peaceful escape just one mile outside the historic town of Chestertown. This romantic Maryland bed and breakfast skillfully blends the splendid sophistication of a 19th-century country estate with modern amenities and comfortable elegance.
This lovely Chestertown, MD bed and breakfast features elegant guest rooms and cottages with whirlpool tubs, wood-burning fireplaces and glorious views, providing the perfect setting for a romantic getaway. An a-la-carte breakfast is graciously served at individual tables in the sunny dining room, or delivered to you in the privacy of your cottage. The food is freshly prepared, the baked goods are legendary and the recipes are shared freely.
Join us for an unforgetable experience!
Select Registry member since 2001.
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
- Member Since: 2001
Your deposit minus a $30 refund fee will be returned up to 14 days prior to the scheduled arrival date for a single room booking.
For holidays, special events such as Washington College graduation and multiple room bookings the deposit minus a $30 refund fee per room will be returned up to 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Food & Wine
Our plentiful, freshly prepared a-la-carte breakfast will sustain you well into the afternoon. Served in our new dining room or delivered to your cottage upon request. We try to be as garden to fork as possible, using fruits and vegetables, whenever possible, from our own organic garden. Our baked goods are unforgettable!
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Picnics Available
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
Exceptionally spacious guest rooms, cottages and suites offer modern amenities you deserve. All have en-suite bathrooms with showers and/or spa tubs and wood or gas-burning fireplaces which are used during the winter months.
- Accommodations: Apartment, Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 13
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
The Brampton Inn offers:
- peace and tranquility
- comfortable accommodations
- good food
- unconditional hospitality
and most of all to exceed our guest's expectations every single visit.
Danielle Hanscom Thode is skillfully supported in this endeavor by innkeeper Rita Scardino, pastry and breakfast chef Carole Baxter and an incredibly capable staff.
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Ranch/Farm, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Congratulations on your engagement! The Brampton is an elegant 1860 country estate with landscaped gardens and is perfectly suited for your small Chestertown, Maryland wedding, elopement or renewal of vows, creating a romantic setting for your special day. We can host your intimate event of up to 20 guests in our formal parlor, garden or on our massive wrap around porch. New: We are offering a "Brunch" wedding for up to 16 guests.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Florist
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
A perfectly quiet environment for focused small business meetings and retreats.
- Banquet Seating: 16
- Reception Seating: 16
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 20
- Max Capacity Theater: 20
- Max Capacity Classroom: 20
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 15
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 15
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 1600
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social