Blue Lake Ranch luxury awaits at this bed and breakfast inn just 15 minutes from Durango, Colorado and 30 minutes to Mesa Verde National Park... Blue Lake Ranch makes a wonderful homebase to explore the Four Corners region and all the culture, history, and outdoor adventure that this area if famous for.
Counted among the top Bed and Breakfast Inns in the United States by Country Inns, Conde Nast Traveler, and Travel + Leisure, Blue Lake Ranch remains a quiet and affordable getaway for the sophisticated and casual traveler alike. This Colorado bed and breakfast is a Southwest treasure that provides guests a beautiful vacation spot to relax, regroup, renew, and rediscover.
Select Registry member since 2013
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Blue Lake Ranch serves a grand complimentary gourmet buffet breakfast in the sunny dining room and 0n the patios. Fresh ground coffee and tea, fruit juices, house made granola, yogurt, fruit, nuts and berries, citrus platters, meat and cheese platters, breakfast meats and a special hot entree or two are served each day.
Special occasion lunches and dinners are served to guests. This meals are individually planned and prepared using local ingredients when possible, cooked to perfection and served in our beautiful dining room.
Picnic lunches are also prepared by guest request during our summer season. These are ideal for day trips to Mesa Verde National Park, the Ute Mountain Ute Tribal Park, the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, and 4 wheeling in the mountains.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Blue Lake Ranch has 16 special accommodations from the Cabin on the Lake to the Southwest Casitas. Most accommodations have fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, mini or full kitchens with refrigerators and microwaves, outdoor sitting areas with grills, Cable TV, WiFi, complimentary parking, and a large selection of complimentary movies. The rooms have beautiful views of mountains, gardens, and meadows. Furnished with art and crafts from the Southwest , Mexico and Central America, each room is unique from Navajo Rugs and baskets to Quatemalan hand loomed bedspreads and drapes. The hand hewn vigas used for the ceilings came from the Bridge Timber fire in 1994, Every room has a story we'd like to share with you.
Please note that all of our rates are based on double occupancy, there is an additional $20/person/night charge for additional guests over two people. There is no charge for children under 2 and we have several pack and plays for complimentary use.
- Accommodations: Cabins, Cottages, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 16
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Refrigerators, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Microwaves
- Entertainment: Music Library, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Full ADA
- Internet Services: Wired, Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Ranch/Farm, Waterview
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
Weddings & Events
Blue Lake Ranch offers two unique wedding venues.
The Ridgewood Events Center one mile from Blue Lake Ranch has stunning mountain views and is surrounded by 100 yr old towering cottonwood trees and manicured lawns. The beautiful pine barn has tall windows and wrap around porches with a catering kitchen, bride's dressing room, full handicap access, and is furnished with high end tables, chairs, linens glassware, china and flatware. Our professional staff will set up and break down the Center for your event. The renter chooses the caterer and beverage choices...it is your private party.
Blue Lake Ranch is ideal for smaller weddings of 50 people or less. There are several ideal locations at the Ranch for your ceremony, then your reception can be hosted at the Ranch House. This option requires lodging and the Ranch can also host rehearsal dinners, arrival dinners, etc. Ask us about Exclusive Use of the entire Ranch, ideal for destination weddings.
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Blue Lake Ranch hosts retreats, reunions and other groups. Please call us and let us help you plan your event from lodging to meals.
- Banquet Seating: 150
- Reception Seating: 150
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 200
- Max Capacity Theater: 150
- Max Capacity Classroom: 150
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 150
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 200
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 600-2000
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Retreats