Staggering lake and mountain views stretch as far as the eye can see. The peace or adventure of the wilderness is at your doorstep. The loveliness of this pristine, Maine summer 'cottage' is refreshing. It’s classy, current and refined with a genuinely relaxed atmosphere. With a unique emphasis on health & well-being, Blair Hill Inn is the perfect place to stay and dine.
Placed on lists in the company of Fore Street Grill and Primo, the famous 'farm-to-fork' cuisine features the inn's own gardens & greenhouse as well as local Maine organic farms and purveyors. The professional culinary team serves up creative, fresh, Maine cuisine accompanied by the perfect bottle of wine. Great music, superb service, a swanky lounge and intimate dining rooms with gorgeous lake vistas complete the evening.
Chilled melon & lime soup followed by smoked salmon & poached local eggs atop garden sniped arugula might start your day. Relax by the spring fed pond or stroll the private, 15-acre bucolic hillside. Treat yourself to a a facial, body scrub or massage in the inn's Spa Barn. Adventure into Maine's great North Woods or spend the day on Moosehead Lake. Then, return for afternoon cocktails on the veranda and a memorable dinner for two while the sun sets directly to your west over the lake and mountains. Breathe easy and sleep well in this sanctuary of luxury and quiet ease.
Select Registry member since 2005
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Fitness Center , Free Onsite Parking , Gardens on Property , Wine/Spirits available
- Member Since: 2005
Food & Wine
"After what is probably my fifteenth meal at the Blair Hill Inn I can say with some authority that this restaurant offers some of the best food in the state combined with views that leave room for little response but an awestruck silence.
The chef is a master at reinterpreting classic dishes such as lobster fritters and grilled scallops with inspired new combinations of spices and sides that make them new again. The five-course, $65 prix fixe, combined with the excellent service from Ruth and Dan McLaughlin and their team, the focused and extremely low mark-up wine list, and the pristine late 19th century elegance of the rooms, updated with 20th and 21st century touches, creates one of the best dining deals in the state of Maine, if not the United States.
You almost don't want it to be found out. But it certainly deserves to be."
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
Blair Hill Inn's ten guest rooms, one a two-bedroom suite, are for those who prefer refined elegance in a simple, uncluttered way. The inn is defined by beautiful appointments with a refreshingly pure eye for design. Rooms are spacious and light filled with gobs of windows that open to crisp mountain breezes and soaring lake views. Every detail is perfect. With each architectural element restored to pristine condition, the rooms offer a rare balance of classic 1891 architecture with clean, contemporary decor. Consider the wood burning fireplaces, lake and mountain views, freshly picked bouquets of wildflowers, luxurious linens & private bathrooms that seemed to have stepped off the pages of House Beautiful and you'll understand why Blair Hill Inn is the hidden gem you've been looking for.
All of this in an unpretentious, truly relaxed atmosphere that begins from your warm welcome to Blair Hill Inn.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 10
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service, Laundry Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV , CD Players, iPod Docking Stations, Music Library, Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Fitness Center , Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Dedicated Spa Facilities, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Waterview
Weddings & Events
Named as one of North America's Top 5 most visually stunning wedding locations Blair Hill Inn is the place wedding dreams come true.
This magical hillside setting is inland Maine’s most desirable wedding destination. With over 16 years of experience and relationships with the area's top wedding resources, Blair Hill Inn is able to meet all of your ceremony and reception needs.
The endless sky sweeping above the crystal blue lake provides a backdrop that is second to none. Together with the inn's hallmark warm & anticipatory service, award winning dining, and simply exquisite decor, weddings atop Blair Hill are simply beautiful.
Ceremonies and receptions of up to 40 guests can be held within the inn itself and weddings up to 80 guests can be held on the gorgeous grounds of the inn. The venue, all catering and bar services, planning assistance, rehearsal dinners, spa services, world-class lodging and many thoughtful touches can be provided. So, contact Blair Hill Inn to discuss the perfect location for your special day.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Caterer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
A business retreat at Blair Hill Inn is a refreshing departure from the standard facilities and services offered at chain hotels and resorts across the country.
Provide your executives and staff with world class accommodations, superb dining and outdoor, ‘soft-adventure’ activities for building teamwork, positive attitudes and self-reflection. Your group will leave refreshed, exhilarated and motivated.
There are several rooms that facilitate the meeting style of your choice equipped with high speed, wireless internet access, white board, overhead projector and other AV equipment available upon request.
Breakfast, lunch, snacks and refreshments are provided and an evening cocktail reception on the veranda, followed by dinner is a favorite of our corporate clients. Socializing together in the handsome cocktail lounge after dinner and then retreating to an inviting private guestroom are the perfect ending to a productive day.
- Banquet Seating: 30 - 50
- Reception Seating: 40 inside 80 outside
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 80
- Max Capacity Theater: 35
- Max Capacity Classroom: 75
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 14
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 75
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 500
- Total Meeting Rooms: 4
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social