Often referred to as Mini Versailles, The Belvedere Inn which translates to "Beautiful View" is a peaceful country estate and is one of the few European-style B&Bs in Michigan. The Inn's success relies on one main ingredient – Excellence – a single-minded belief based on good taste, quality service, gourmet food and an exquisitely restored mansion. Built in 1913, and designed by Dwight Perkins, a colleague of Frank Lloyd Wright, the Inn sits on 5 acres of manicured gardens just 1½ miles from downtown Saugatuck.
Our Michigan inn's discrete modernization offers the highest standards of comfort while its history is perpetuated through skillful restoration, gleaming hardwoods and the patina of fine antiques.
The award winning restaurant is renowned for its fine food and wine. Chef Shaun Glynn, Galway, Ireland offers eclectic classical dishes made from local ingredients, served in an intimate setting. The magnificent grounds make a picture perfect backdrop for a wedding or any special occasion. The unique setting also satisfies the demands of a successful business meeting or retreat.
Select Registry member since 2012
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Chef Shaun Glynn from Galway Ireland offers a French eclectic menu with Irish broque and all! From the signature Butternut Squash bisque to our most popular selection, the Chateaubriand for two, Chef Shaun offers a Pre-Fixe four course menu with selections from each course. The Restaurant offers fine dining without a dress code.
Your elegant dining experience is enhanced by views of our Mini Versailles. Enjoy pre dinner cocktails - select from one of our 10 award wining selections. A full liqour and wine menu is offered. Reservation are recommended as the restaurant hosts numbers of Special Events throughout the year.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
The Inn offers 10 guest rooms, three of which are suites and include whirlpool tubs.
All rooms include a private bath and fire place.
The Inn is fully airconditoned. A full breakfast is served each morning.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 10
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Video Library
- Safes: In-Room, Front Desk
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Small Town/Village
- Pet Friendly: No
Weddings & Events
Fairy Tale events on the gardens of South West Michigan's Mini Versailles. Weddings, Special Events, Commitment Ceremonies and Civil Unions - each event is arranged through your personal Special Events Coordinator.
Outdoor tented events accommodate up to 350 guests and indoor events seat up to 100 guests. This is a one stop destination wedding location!
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Leave the boardroom and take your brain storming sessions to The Belvedere Inn. Our dining rooms become meeting rooms and the library and sun room make for great break out sessions.
Most audio and visual needs can be arranged.
- Banquet Seating: 350
- Reception Seating: 350
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 100
- Max Capacity Theater: 40
- Max Capacity Classroom: 30
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 20
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 50
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 800
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Retreats