"It is not a place to stay, it is a place to go to" former guest.
"The Ballastone is an experience, the hospitality, the personnel, and the presence. The decor is indigenous to the unique Southern culture." former guest
"The business of the Ballastone is one of relationships" former guest
Escape to romantic Savannah at Ballastone Inn, the historic district’s celebrated, luxurious Inn. Rejuvenate with an enchanting Savannah weekend to Ballastone, built in 1938 and enjoy Savannah’s five star rated luxury Inn. Ballastone is chosen year after year as Savannah’s most distinquished Inn by those with discriminating taste. Antique bar with extended hours with great selection of wines. Beautiful courtyard to relax your day, stay awhile.
Select Registry member since 2005
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Wine/Spirits available
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Peak Season
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: No
Food & Wine
At the Ballastone, intimate dining and privacy are our number one concern. Start the day off right with breakfast at a private table in the mansion or outside in the courtyard garden.
Ballastone breakfast specialties include complete continental bar with fresh breads, yogurt, homemade granola, fresh fruit and steel cut oatmeal. Included is a chefs specials prepared with seasonal foods. Breakfast hour is from 8:00 till 10:00, our guests are never rushed! So take your time.
Delicacies to Look Forward to…at tea
Fresh cream scones seasonal tea sandwiches alternating throughout the week Offering all selections from your traditional tea, from tomato sandwiches to open faced radish and pesto. Our house-made pastries include fine tarts, cakes, and miniature petit fours.
Ballastone's antique bar is open all day to serve our guests with sodas, generous selection of wines, beers champagne and soda. Join us anytime in the bar for a cool drink of your choice. Cash bar.
At 6:00 daily, join us in the Victorian Bar for hors d’oeuvres
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Complimentary Evening Hors d'oeuvres
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Limited to overnight guests
Rooms & Suites
Relax In Luxury
A private elevator at the back of the house, quickly takes you to the upper rooms in the house. Fall asleep in sumptuous Egyptian cotton linens, on the finest beds, to truly discover the most soothing comforts of the Ballastone Inn. Plush down pillows, quilted French duvet blankets, designer coverlets, and imported matelasse recall the essence of centuries past.
*Ten rooms have antique coal reproduction fire sets, three large jacuzzi tubs.
- Accommodations: Suites, Adjoining rooms/suites
- # Rooms: 16
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Featherbeds, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Entrance, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV , iPod Docking Stations
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Gardens on Property, National Historic Registry, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: City/Metro
Weddings & Events
Elegant weddings at the Ballastone!
The Ballastone Inn is the perfect setting for an elegant, romantic wedding ceremony. Select our lovely front parlor or the lavish, private courtyard for your personal wedding for just the two of you. We will work with you to provide the exact services and amenities necessary to make your elopement an exquisite affair to remember! The ceremony can be scheduled any time between noon and 2:00pm (well after breakfast but before afternoon tea) in the afternoon and on any day of the week that you prefer.
Service of wedding officiant
Vanilla or Chocolate Wedding cake (for 2-8 people)
Bridal Bouquet: Seasonal Bouquet
Setting: Beautiful front parlor or Lavish courtyard
Chocolate covered strawberry and rose petal turn-down service
Bottle of chilled champagne for toasting with cake cutting
Private horse drawn carriage ride
$50 gift certificate to either the Old Pink House, Sapphire Grill or Alligator Soul
Additional guidelines for wedding packages:You may have up to 6 attendees. 2 night minimum stay required. Additional upgrades available through our wedding coordinator.
Please phone us for additional information or if you require additional information. 912.236.1484 800.822.4553
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Decorator
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Whole house rental, elegant intimate business meetings, catered dinner in house. Maximum 32 people.
- Banquet Seating: 25
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 25
- Total Meeting Rooms: Three
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social