On the site of the first gristmill built in Erie County (1803), you will find intimate seclusion and gentle harmony at the Asa Ransom House Country Inn. Guests at our Clarence, New York bed and breakfast are romanced in the winter by glowing fireplaces in most rooms and our snow covered grounds. During the spring, our spacious grounds are full of herbs and flowers which can be enjoyed from our porches and balconies.
Recently, we were voted #1 B&B in "Best of Buffalo" News survey. Experience world-class cuisine and a full country breakfast with delicious regional accents. Often upon arrival, you will find the aroma of fresh pies and bread lingering in the air! Once you get settled, go on a local shopping exploration. Clarence is known throughout the east for its antiques and treasures. We are also only 28 miles from Niagara Falls.
Select Registry member since 1976
Check-in 2:00 - 9:00 Check-out 11:00 weekdays, 12 Noon weekend. Early check-in upon request. Late check-out upon request.
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Yes, Over 6
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Our restaurant serves the public as well as inn guests for dinner. We are licensed and have an extensive wine selection. To ensure your preferred dinner time, reservations are recommended in advance. Shorts are inappropriate in the main dining room, but are permissible on the veranda or in the snug. The same menu is offered in all dining areas.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
Rooms furnished with antiques and period reproductions, private bath, Wi-Fi, radio, hidden TV, refrigerator, and individually heated and air-conditioned. Nine of our ten rooms have fireplaces, two have whirlpool tubs, and many have their own porch or balcony. Guests enjoy fresh fruit, hot muffins & toast, choice of seasonal entrees, pastries and coffee/tea. A quiet and relaxing retreat... we invite you to enjoy your escape.
- Accommodations: Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 10
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Laundry Facility
- Entertainment: Cable TV , CD Players, DVD/Blu-Ray Players, iPod Docking Stations, Music Library, Video Library
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Full ADA
- Internet Services: Wired, Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite, Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Business Center, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Suburban
Weddings & Events
Memorable small Country Inn wedding
Asa Ransom House will be delighted to help plan all of the details for your Bridal Shower and Intimate Wedding.
Call Abigail, our event planner to discuss available dates.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 20-49
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Bridal Luncheon
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Florist, Photographer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
- Banquet Seating: Day groups up to 45
- Max Capacity Boardroom: Snug room -12 Main room - 40
- Total Meeting Rooms: 2
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor