Antietam Overlook Farm is a 19th century-style farmhouse on ninety-five acres atop the Blue Ridge range overlooking The Antietam National Battlefield and the historic village of Sharpsburg, Maryland. The views are extraordinary with rolling mountains falling away from Maryland into nearby Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. The existing farmhouse and our newer hand-hewn timber frame wing offer a special ambiance featuring a combination of rustic wood finishes, stone fireplaces, French lace curtains, antiques and softly flowered furnishings.
All of our spacious ensuite rooms include fireplaces, queen size beds, and private bathrooms. The Garden Room has a spacious king size bed. All but 'The Wicker Room' include a private screened porch, and a garden tub in the bedroom.
Our guests are invited to spend the winter evenings sitting in front of the stone fireplace in the country room where interesting conversation adds to the warmth and enjoyment of the evening. In the spring, summer and fall seasons many of our guests sit out on our large screened porch off the country room to relax, sip on a glass of wine, and enjoy the view of four states, the battlefield, and sunsets where only the birds feeding on our many feeders will be heard. Wildlife abounds in this wooded setting, so don't forget your binoculars.
Select Registry member since 1992
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking
Food & Wine
Come and enjoy world class breakfast in an exquisite setting.
Breakfast at the Inn:
Each mornings' breakfast is included in your room rate. Breakfast meals showcase ""tried and true"" country gourmet recipes and special Antietam Overlook innovations. Our hearty county breakfast is a three-course delight sure to leave you with no room for lunch.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
The Overlook Every room is special but this one gets a lot of attention. Located on the second floor with windows on three sides. The room offers a magnificent view of the battlefield valley and the mountains of Pennsylvania beyond. Another view is of the West Virginia and Virginia Mountains. This room also has a large screened porch with sun deck, fireplace, and soaking tub in the bedroom, queen size bed, and furniture grouping and private bathroom.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 6
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Fireplaces, Private Deck, Telephones, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, GLBT Friendly, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Ranch/Farm
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: No
Weddings & Events
Wedding packages include the use of the entire inn and all its amenities for two nights. Prices vary by season, so please call (301) 432-4200 for the current rates for your event.
Located in Washington County, Antietam Overlook Farm is just a short drive from Washington, DC; Hagerstown, Frederick, and Baltimore, Maryland; and Shepherdstown and Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. Our location is an easily accessible venue for your guests.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor