Recently listed as 1 of the 52 places to visit in 2016 according to the New York Times, Anchorage 1770 has consistently been ranked the #1 inn in Beaufort, SC since it opened in August of 2015, according to TripAdvisor.com.
Built in 1770, the inn has a long history as part of the fabric of the Beaufort Historic District. The inn was placed on the U.S. Department of Interior's National Register of Historic Places in 1970. Over the years it has served as a private residence, a hospital during the Civil War, a tourist home, a restaurant and most recently corporate offices. In 2014, owners Frank and Amy Lesesne purchased the property and began significant renovations that included a commercial elevator, a commercial kitchen, 13 en suite bathrooms, a roof-top deck, new landscaping and a 2 unit cottage.
The waterfront inn on Bay Street is one block from downtown Beaufort. The innkeepers pride themselves on providing an authentic Lowcountry experience filled with as much luxury and adventure as each individual guest desires. Fat tire bikes, in-room massage, yoga on the front porch, historic carriage tours and world class fishing are but a few of the opportunities available to the guest of Anchorage 1770.
Select Registry member since 2015
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
Our guests are treated to champagne upon arrival. A full sit-down Southern Breakfast is served every morning from 8:30-10am. Guests may come at their leisure. Breakfast is served on our front porch overlooking the Beaufort River. Guests always have the option of dining in our Dining Room or having breakfast delivered to their room. Special dietary restrictions are accommodated. Happy Hour takes place every night up on our top deck. The Inn's Restaurant, Ribaut Social Club, serves dinner a few times a week. Call ahead for reservations, as seating is limited.
We are happy to share our favorite eating spots with the guests and help with reservations. Anchorage 1770 will accommodate special request for dinners at the inn. Pricing and menu may be discussed with the inn manager.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Picnics Available, Room Service
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
Every room at Anchorage 1770 offers a varied and unique experience. While some offer four poster beds, water views and 11 foot ceilings, others offer stunning bay windows and soaking tubs. Some offer detailed plaster work and hand painted ceilings from the late 1800's and original Adams Mantels fireplaces. Most rooms feature a four poster King bed with down bedding, custom designed furnishings, and a seating area in front of the fireplace. The European-style bathroom features a rain shower, custom vanity by a local craftsman and hand-laid tile. Classic architectural characteristics include 11 foot ceilings, ornate plaster relief work, heart pine floors and period mill-work from upstate New York.
- Accommodations: Cottages, Suites
- # Rooms: 14
- Beds: Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Telephones, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Restaurant on Site, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available
- Location Type: Coastal, Waterfront, Waterview, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
From intimate destination weddings to the wedding of your dreams, Anchorage 1770 provides a picturesque setting for an unforgettable waterfront wedding. Just steps away from the Beaufort River and the Beaufort Marina, sailboats floating on the dancing water is simply breathtaking and will enhance your wedding memories. Anchorage 1770 showcases the low-country beauty. From the rooftop deck with expanse views, to the gardens with a waterfront backdrop, to the beautifully adorned porches overlooking the River, we offer several venues to choose from. This beautiful water front tabby mansion will set the stage for an elegant and romantic wedding.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Anchorage 1770 is the perfect place to hold retreats. With 14 guest rooms, you are able to take over the mansion and leave the work to us. Need to host a small business lunch in a unique venue? Or a quiet place to have a private meeting? Anchorage 1770’s dining room is available to rent during the week.
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 24
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 450
- Total Meeting Rooms: 1
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Dedicated Conference Center, Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social