A classic turn-of-the-century Southern mansion on the National Register, the Albemarle Inn, AAA Four Diamonds for 14 years in a row, offers elegance in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Guests are greeted in the main parlor of the Asheville, North Carolina bed and breakfast which glows with recently restored oak wainscoting. An intricately carved staircase leads to period guest rooms, appointed with antiques, fresh flowers and cozy robes.
Morning begins with coffee or tea by the arts and crafts style marble fireplace, followed by a gourmet breakfast on the enclosed, plant-filled sunporch. Late afternoon offers the opportunity to relax on the massive stone veranda overlooking lush gardens while enjoying refreshments and conversation. Featured in National Geographic Traveler and More Magazine, our Asheville bed and breakfast is minutes from the Biltmore Estate, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and historic downtown Asheville. Rooms with two-person whirlpool tub, fireplace or private balcony available.
Select Registry member since 2002.
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Inside
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Over 6
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
- Member Since: 2002
Food & Wine
Afternoon Social Hour
In addition to our delicious full breakfasts, we host a reception on weekend evenings. Hors d’oeuvres and seasonal beverages such as hot mulled cider or refreshing iced vanilla-berry tea are offered in our parlor in front of a warm and cozy fireplace.
In the summer enjoy your refreshments on the veranda overlooking our beautifully landscaped grounds and award winning English gardens.
Hors d’oeuvres may include our toasty caramelized onion tartlets or eggplant crostini with goat cheese as well as a variety of cheeses and crackers. In addition to enjoying these savory delights this time offers guests the opportunity to meet the innkeepers personally and become acquainted with other guests of the inn.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: No
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Complimentary Warm Cookies before bed, Picnics Available
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: No
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: No
Rooms & Suites
Be pampered in one of our luxurious period guest rooms, each of which offers an ensuite private bath with an antique claw-foot soaking tub/shower combination or a two-person jetted tub and shower, fragrant bath products, fluffy duvets and cozy robes, hairdryers and fresh flowers. If you absolutely must contact the outside world, we do have wireless access throughout the building.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 11
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service
- Entertainment: Cable TV
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Limited Spa Services, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: City/Metro, Mountains
Weddings & Events
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 50-99
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Officiant, Caterer, Florist, Photographer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor