Imagine 250-year old mountain cabins so captivating they inspired literary greats F. Scott Fitzgerald & Ernest Hemingway. Or pamper yourself with a Jacuzzi tub, a massage, artisan cheese & a bottle of wine with a dozen roses. Tranquility & relaxation await you in any one of our 32 romantic rooms, suites or private cottages. Art & antique shopping, golf, waterfall hikes & winery tours, white water rafting, drives along the Blue Ridge Parkway, The Biltmore Estate... these experiences & more can be found at our distinctive retreat just south of Asheville, North Carolina.
Romance packages, destination weddings, reunions, or executive retreats in our conference center can all be managed with ease by our professional staff. Renowned for our ""Best Breakfast in the Southeast,"" exceptional fine dining, celebrity wine dinners & tastings. Our cellar has received the prestigious Wine Spectator “Best of Award of Excellence”. Recognized in Southern Living, Fodor's, Our State Magazine, & listed on the National Historic Registry, the hospitality of the ""Hidden Gem of Tryon"" embraces our guests as they create memories that will last a lifetime.
Select Registry member since 1991
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Wine/Spirits available
- Member Since: 1991
- Minimum Stay Required: Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Smoking Policy: Outside Only
- Family Friendly: Yes
Food & Wine
Carter’s Restaurant & Wine Cellar at Pine Crest Inn The abundance of natural beauty on the property will delight your eyes, while the restaurant will tantalize your palate! Renowned for our “Best Breakfast in the Southeast,” your sumptuous, made-to-order 3-course breakfast can be served in bed or in the relaxing environment of our two dining rooms or veranda. We offer casual fine dining in the evenings with daily specials & distinctive à la carte selections focused on regional accents, locally raised & grown ingredients, & fresh vegetables & herbs from our organic gardens. All of our baked goods are homemade at the inn. Our wine cellar is the 2nd largest in the Carolinas & receives the prestigious Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence. The list features selections from wine regions around the world, including numerous “Cult Cabs” from Napa Valley and Single-Vineyard Pinot Noirs from Oregon. Weekly wine tastings & celebrity wine dinners & candlelight room service options complete your experience. The Fox & Hounds bar is the perfect place to unwind after a long trip or a busy day exploring the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. In addition to our award-winning wine cellar, we offer over 30 different specialty beers, and a complete array of spirits, including small-batch bourbons, sipping tequilas, and over 40 brands of gin & vodka for making your favorite martini. The Inn & Restaurant are both smoke free; however smoking is permitted outside on our porches & verandas. Meals can also be served in your room or outside on the veranda, weather permitting. We are also happy to accommodate special requests and dietary restrictions with advance notice.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Flexible Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea, Evening Cocktails, Room Service
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
- Restaurant on Premises: Open to the public
- Pub/Tavern on Premises: Open to the public
Rooms & Suites
The 1906 Pine Crest Inn is comprised of 30 romantic rooms, luxurious suites, and private cabins and cottages on 10 beautifully landscaped acres. Each of the room and cottages is uniquely decorated for your comfort and enjoyment. All of our accommodations have private baths; many have fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs.
- Accommodations: Cabins, Cottages, Efficiency, Suites
- # Rooms: 30
- Beds: Twin, Queen, King
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Private Deck, Private Entrance, Refrigerators, Rollaway Available, Telephones, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards, Turndown Service, Laundry Facility, Laundry Service, Dry Cleaning
- Entertainment: Cable TV , DVD/Blu-Ray Players, Video Library
- Safes: Front Desk
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: Yes
- Front Desk/Security: 24 hr
- Inn Amenities: Shuttle Service, Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property, Laundry Facility, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services, Business Center, GLBT Friendly, Green/Enviromentally Friendly, Limited Spa Services, Restaurant on Site, Pub/tavern on Site, National Historic Registry, Tesla/Electric Vehicle Charging Station, Wine/Spirits available, Concierge Services
- Location Type: Rural, Mountains, Small Town/Village
Weddings & Events
Destination Wedding Venue in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville
Weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners and other special occasions at the 1906 Pine Crest Inn are limited only by the imagination of those planning the event and a maximum number of guests. We have a lovely open green and a gazebo bordered by roses for outdoor events. Our Conference & Event Center transforms into an enchanting indoor venue. For more intimate affairs, we offer the Stone Cottage, the Main Lodge, the Veranda, or one of our two Dining Rooms. Our modern event and banquet facilities are perfect for rehersal dinners, wedding ceremonies, wedding receptions, and banquets
Formal, Garden or Casual Weddings.
We invite you to plan your event with the help of our four-diamond staff of experts. The beauty of our facility is unmatched in the area. Together we can fulfill your fondest desires, whether it is creating a casual summer barbecue on our lawn or staging the most elegant affair for 200 of your closest friends.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 100-199
- Events Supported: Private Parties, Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Luncheon, Elopement
- Wedding Services & Amenities: Wedding Planner, Caterer
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
Executive Retreats, Corporate Meetings, and Team Building Events in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville
The 1906 Pine Crest Inn awaits you with its 35 affordable rooms, luxurious suites, intimate cottages, romantic cabins, an award winning restaurant and wine cellar, and beautiful year-round flowering gardens, making it a perfect destination for any occasion. We would love to customize your destination wedding, reception & rehearsal dinner, family reunion, church retreat, girlfriend getaway, private lunch or dinner, bridal or baby shower, or romantic weekend getaway.
Our two-story modern conference center features three conference rooms & is ideal for corporate meetings, planning sessions, & executive retreats. A full complement of Audio/Video equipment is available, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property. We can customize menus for any palate, organize golf outings, spa visits, on-site massage, and other forms of entertainment. We can also work with you on team building activities.
- Banquet Seating: 100
- Reception Seating: 150
- Max Capacity Outdoor: 200
- Max Capacity Theater: 100
- Max Capacity Classroom: 75
- Max Capacity Boardroom: 50
- Business Travel & Events Max Capacity: 200
- Total Rooms Sq Footage: 9999
- Total Meeting Rooms: 3
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
- Meeting Amenities: Dedicated Conference Center, Onsite Catering
- Meeting Types: Business Meeting, Retreats, Social