Only a block from the train station on the main street, the 1890 Caroline House is located in the middle of historic Fredericksburg, Virginia! This Victorian-esque home was built in 1890 and has since been refurbished to its original grandeur. No doubt a historic gem, the 1890 Caroline House offers you all of the modern comfort and amenities just steps from where major Civil War events took place.
With only two rooms and one suite, the 1890 Caroline House exudes romantic charm in an intimate atmosphere! It's the perfect getaway for couples and newlyweds who'd like to learn more about the nation's past. Tour the Civil War battlefields, go antique shopping, or spend the day at a nearby winery!
Select Registry member since 2016
- Pet Friendly: Limited
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Inn Amenities Refine Search: Wine/Spirits available
Food & Wine
When you stay at the 1890 Caroline House, each morning you'll wake up to a delicious breakfast of fresh baked bread, seasonal fruits, juice, and a sweet or savory main course served with a breakfast meat! If you're looking for lunch and dinner, there are a number of restaurants located within a couple blocks of the inn.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Communal
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: No
- Alcohol Permits: Beer, Wine, Spirits
Rooms & Suites
The 1890 Caroline House offers two rooms and one suite, all with antique furnishings, luxurious linens, and oriental rugs. Each room also has a private, luxurious bath. Our suite, the William Riley Suite, has its own private entrance and is handicap accessible. Guests can park for free at our sister facility the Richard Johnston Inn.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 3
- Beds: Double, King
- Room Amenities: Antique Furnishings, Fireplaces, Whirlpool or Jacuzzi
- Entertainment: DVD/Blu-Ray Players
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Front Desk/Security: Onsite
- Inn Amenities: Gardens on Property, GLBT Friendly, Wine/Spirits available
Weddings & Events
The 1890 Caroline House is the perfect place to host your intimate elopement! This Victorian bed and breakfast offers newlyweds a 2-night stay in its lavish suite, the William Riley, cake for two, bottle of champagne, and more.
- Weddings & Events Capacity: 1-19
- Events Supported: Ceremony, Elopement
- Wedding/Reception/Event Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor
Business Travel & Events
- Meeting Facilities: Indoor, Outdoor