The 1802 House Bed and Breakfast is one of Kennebunkport’s finest historic Inns. Set amidst towering pines and landscaped gardens, we are only a short stroll from Kennebunkport’s wonderful shops and restaurants. The house has been lovingly restored with modern amenities while maintaining many of the original colonial features and charm. As this beautiful property heads into its fourth decade as a bed and breakfast, innkeepers Teri and Roger provide a strong focus on every detail to insure you enjoy your Kennebunkport experience to the fullest.
Whether it’s sitting in front of the fire with a cup of hot chocolate or spending a lazy afternoon on the porch rocking chairs enjoying the sunset over the golf course, this inn is perfect for all seasons. An acre of well-planted gardens, with several sitting areas, offer peace and solitude from the hustle and bustle of this busy holiday destination.
With five well-appointed guest rooms and one suite, the 1802 House is an ideal place to host your Kennebunkport vacation. Begin your day with a cup of Maine roasted coffee or a cup of tea brewed in one of our English teapots. Our three course gourmet breakfasts are prepared fresh daily using local Maine ingredients. Dietary restrictions and preferences can be accommodated with advanced notice.
Select Registry member since 2013
- Minimum Stay Required: Weekends, Holidays, Peak Season
- Inkeepers Pets: Outside Only
- Pet Friendly: No
- Smoking Policy: Smoke-Free
- Family Friendly: Over 12
Food & Wine
Begin your day with a three-course gourmet breakfast in the dining room overlooking the gardens. We start with freshly brewed Maine coffee and an assortment of teas and hot chocolate. Breakfast begins with assorted fruit juices followed by a delicious baked bread and a seasonal fruit course. Finally, you will be treated to a main entree which may include traditional fare such as Eggs Benedict or a plate of Maine Wild Blueberry Pancakes with Maine maple syrup. Other guest favorites include Passion Fruit Baked Cheese Blintz with mixed berry compote or tender Cheese and Chive souffles with roast tomatoes. Entrees are accompanied by a meat such as bacon or in-house made sausage. For our early risers who want to get on the road, we will happily prepare a breakfast-to-go for you.
- Meals Offered: Breakfast
- Breakfast: Complimentary
- Breakfast Seating: Individual Tables, Communal, Set Times
- Breakfast Service: Full
- Complimentary Breakfast: Yes
- Offered Amenities: Complimentary Beverages, Complimentary Afternoon Tea/Refreshments, Complimentary Snacks, Complimentary Early Coffee/Tea
- Special Diets Accommodated: Yes
Rooms & Suites
Comfort, beauty and timeless elegance await you at the 1802 House. Our colonial Inn has been lovingly restored to maintain many of the original architectural features with modern amenities included for your comfort. Choose from five graciously appointed guest rooms, and one Suite, featuring queen beds with luxurious bedding, private tiled baths, plush towels, romantic fireplaces, air conditioning and oversized spa tubs. Each of our guest rooms feature flat screen TV's with cable, lighted makeup mirrors, luxury robes, hair dryers, iPod docking stations, complimentary Wi-Fi and deluxe toiletries.
- Accommodations: Suites
- # Rooms: 6
- Beds: Queen
- Room Amenities: Air Conditioning, Antique Furnishings, Bathrobes, Fireplaces, Hair dryers, Refrigerators, Alarm Clocks, Ironing Boards
- Entertainment: Cable TV , CD Players, DVD/Blu-Ray Players, iPod Docking Stations
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
Full concierge services provided to our guests. We are always happy to assist with making reservations or recommending things to do in the area to ensure you get the best from your Kennebunkport visit.
- Internet Services: Wireless, Complimentary
- Corporate Rates: No
- Front Desk/Security: Business Hours
- Inn Amenities: Free Onsite Parking, Gardens on Property
- Location Type: Small Town/Village