Think nature is the best escape from the stresses of daily life? Take a weekend to rest and recharge surrounded by the natural beauty of America's Pacific Northwest. We've mapped out a few of our favorite spots, all you have to do is just set a date and pack your bags. Here are five beautiful lakes to visit this summer.
1. Lake Crescent, Washington is the epitome of peace and natural beauty. The surrounding Northern foothills of the Olympic Mountains are absolutely breathtaking. Lake Crescent is located only 18 miles west of Port Angeles, Washington. Grab your kayak and glide along the calm waters or read your book on the dock while water laps against the shore.
2. Little Strawbery Lake, Oregon is a stunning alpine lake set deep in the valley of the Strawberry Mountain Wilderness. Surrounding Strawbery Lake is 1,500-feet of glaciated volcanic rock, a small meadow on one end, and a large scree slope on the other. While lake access may be limited, there are several secluded campsites in the area. Pack a lunch and enjoy it while taking in the beautiful scenery of Little Strawberry Lake.
3. Upper Priest Lake, Idaho is surrounded by one of the state's premier mountain bike trails. Idaho calls Upper Priest Lake its 'crown jewel.' After seeing it in person, you'll understand why. Nestled among the forest and mountains are its serene, blue waters. This lake is also popular for a myriad of other outdoor activities like fishing, boating, golfing, and hunting.
4. Flathead Lake, Montana is one of the best places for boaters and fishermen alike. It's not great for fly fishing, but you can catch lake trout, whitefish, and some other fish. It's also a popular spot for sailboats. With an average temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit in mid-August, Flathead Lake's crystal, clear water is both beautiful and instantly refreshing in the heat of the summer months.
5. Jackson Lake, Wyoming is a beautiful lake inside the scenic Grand Teton National Park. The views of the mountains surrounding the lake are quite extraordinary. Jackson Lake is a popular outdoor recreation spot for visitors. In the summer months, people love to boat, fish, and hike around the lake.
Spending the day on the lake can be exhausting. When you need some rest and relaxation, retire at the breathtaking Colette's Bed & Breakfast or the colorful George Washington Inn, both in Port Angeles, Washington. Or close to Jackson Lake, is the rustic Bentwood Inn Bed & Breakfast in Jackson, Wyoming.
Want to receive our blog posts in your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our e-newsletter.
Select Registry is a portfolio of more than 300 quality-assured premier bed and breakfasts, inns, and hotels throughout North America. Each of our member bed and breakfasts, inns, and hotels has passed an unannounced, rigorous, 200-point quality assurance inspection to earn and maintain its Select Registry membership, and to ensure it provides travelers with guaranteed quality, exceptional service, and an unforgettable lodging experience.