Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! One of the many highlights of staying at a bed and breakfast or inn is the delicious, homemade, gourmet breakfast every morning. And while you may not be able to wake up in a B&B every day, you can still enjoy B&B-quality breakfasts from home.
Whether you've got a taste for something sweet or savory, these scrumptious breakfast recipes are a perfect addition to your breakfast line-up!
Little Bites of Breakfast Heaven
Baked Ham and Eggs Crisp
- 3/4 pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Lemon pepper to taste
- 2 tbs creme Fraiche or sour cream (we use sour cream)
- 1 tbs of finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 tsp of dried tarragon
- 12 slices of Black Forest or Virginia ham, without holes (we use Virginia Ham because it's usually round)
- 12 large eggs
Recipe courtesy of Burlington's Willis Graves Bed & Breakfast in Burlington, KY.
Cheesy Veggie Happiness
Brie and Veggie Strata
1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1 large Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (8-oz.) Brie round
1 (12-oz.) package sourdough bread loaf, cubed
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
8 large eggs
3 cups milk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Recipe courtesy of the Inn at Riverbend in Pearisburg, VA.
The Flaky Chosen One
Baked Stuffed Croissants
- 12 - 1-day old croissants cut in half
- 12 eggs 1 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup milk
- 16oz cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp triple sec
- Blueberries, sliced peaches, sliced apples or other favorite fruit
- Whipped cream
Recipe courtesy of Windemere Inn by the Sea Bed & Breakfast in Indialantic, FL.
Apple Butterscotch Scones
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp.baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 apple - chopped into 1/4" pieces
- 3/4 cup oats mixed with 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg white + whole egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Recipe courtesy of the Asa Ransom House Bed & Breakfast in Clarence/Buffalo, NY.
The Ultimate Apple of Your Eye
Apple Butter Streusel Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup Chattooga Belle Farm Apple Butter
- 1 tart apple (Granny Smith), peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces melted butter
- Several tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Recipe courtesy of Beechwood Inn Bed & Breakfast in Clayton, GA.
Want to receive our blog posts in your inbox? Subscribe to our e-newsletter.
Select Registry is a portfolio of more than 300 quality-assured premier bed and breakfasts, inns, and hotels throughout North America. Each of our member bed and breakfasts, inns, and hotels has passed an unannounced, rigorous, 200-point quality assurance inspection to earn and maintain its Select Registry membership, and to ensure it provides travelers with guaranteed quality, exceptional service, and an unforgettable lodging experience.