Temperatures are heating up and the snow is melting. If spring fever is holding you hostage, don’t wait to plan your next getaway. Cape May is a great option for your next destination. Make note of these great things to do in New Jersey in Spring 2014!
Friday, March 14 - Sunday, March 16, 2014
Sherlock Holmes Weekend
This weekend will be filled with mystery and intrigue. It promises three days of fun with Sherlock Holmes and his partner Dr. Watson!
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Spring Bridal Fair
Meet face to face with wedding professionals in the Oceanfront Exhibit Hall at the Wildwoods Convention Center. There will be a fashion show featuring the latest trends, and it’s free to attend! Stop by to learn about photographers, florists, honeymoon destinations and wedding announcements. That’s only the beginning.
Friday, March 28 - Saturday, March 29, 2014
Cape May Singer Songwriter Weekend
In its 7th year, the Cape May Singer Songwriter Weekend will be held at historic Congress Hall. It will feature two afternoons of music business panels, workshops, clinics, mentoring and demo listening sessions. There will be live performances all week long.
Sunday, March 30, 2014
16th Annual Ocean Drive Marathon
Run on this beautiful course through the scenic barrier islands of Cape May County. It’s a USATF-NJ 500 point Grand Prix event.
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Annual Slow Food Dinner: Farm-to-Table
Dine green as Cape May Forum partners with Slow Food South Jersey Shore for the annual Slow Food Dinner: Farm-to-Table. Proceeds will benefit Cape May Forum programs and scholarships. A tax-deductible donation receipt will be given for each ticket.
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Easter Fashion Stroll
Registration begins at noon, and the Fashion Stroll starts at 1 o’clock. It all takes place on the Washington Street Mall in the 300 block.
Friday, April 25 - Sunday, April 27, 2014
Spring Motorcycle Rally
Presented by Cape Classics Motorcycle Club, the annual Spring Motorcycle Rally will feature vendors at the intersection of Oak and Atlantic Avenues in Wildwood. You can buy a new bike, apparel, souvenirs or accessories.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Spring Festival and Home Show
Artisans and crafters will display and sell accents and accessories at the Spring Festival and Home Show. It’s an event not to be missed. Come enjoy the sights and smells of Cape May gardens and learn more about eco-friendly resources to help promote a green Cape May.
Friday, April 25 - Sunday, May 4, 2014
Cape May’s Spring Festival
Come celebrate the arrival of spring with ghost tours, private home tours, murder mystery dinners, vintage dance workshops, food and wine events, living history programs, and more.
• The Peter Shields Inn and Restaurant offers a sanctuary of peace and tranquility with nine guest rooms and a breathtaking shoreline view.
• In the heart of Cape May’s historic district, you’ll find The Humphrey Hughes House. It’s one of the most spacious and gracious inns in Cape May.
• The Fairthorne, a historic whaling captain’s home, is another excellent option in Cape May. It features a gracious wraparound veranda where sumptuous breakfasts are served.
• Also in Cape May, the Queen Victoria is a premier bed and breakfast. It has all the comforts of home and none of the demands.
• And last but not least, be sure to check out the Mainstay Inn. Originally known as “The Clubhouse,” it’s a 19th-century pleasure palace. The twelve spacious guest rooms are all furnished with splendid antiques!
You are sure to be pampered at any of these Select Registry members. Click here to find out what sets our properties apart from the rest.
Photo courtesy cm195902