Virginia Bed and Breakfast Inns
"The Old Dominion" is famous for Blue Ridge Mountains, Mount Vernon, Monticello, Arlington National Cemetery, Manassas National Battlefield Park, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Settlement, Virginia Beach, Yorktown and Chesapeake Bay.
A bed and breakfast in Virginia is the perfect place for a romantic getaway
They say Virginia is for lovers, yet visit this historic state and you'll fall for the charm and warmth that is the great state of Virginia, especially at its many unique bed and breakfast inns. Many couples take romantic getaways in Virginia because of the history, the scenery, and the variety of activities available.
Old world charm and character marks Virginia as well as the many fine inns of Virginia. The Appalachian Mountains greet visitors with awe-inspired beauty that drips with the history of this great country. Many opportunities to harken back to colonial times along with historic battle grounds for both the Revolutionary and Civil Wars will spark the history buff in all of us. It doesn't take much to imagine George Washington or Thomas Jefferson walking about, or Generals Lee and Grant facing off for the future of the Union.
Vacationing or taking weekend getaways in Virginia offer options for all personalities and trips. From historical tours and museums, enjoying nature, shopping at one of the many premier shopping districts or basking in the sunlight on the coast, Virginia is a state with A LOT to offer.
Below, we’ve listed our top 5 locations to visit on your next romantic getaway to Virginia.
- Virginia Beach - The biggest city in Virginia attracts millions of visitors a year and for good reason. Aside from laying beach side, the city offers travelers zoos, aquariums, museums and a thriving night life.
- Colonial Williamsburg - A fantastic destination for any history buff, colonial Williamsburg is living, breathing history, complete with dozens of museums and historical sites, as well as in character guides and shop owners to truly take you back in time.
- Busch Gardens - What vacation would be complete without some high flying adventure? If twists, turns and fast-paced action are your cup of tea, Busch Gardens is the place for you. Located in Williamsburg, the amusement park is a perfect place for the whole family to spend a day.
- Mount Vernon - Mount Vernon is the home to George Washington’s estate and is well worth the trip, located along the Potomac River the sprawling estate boasts rich history, fantastic views and is a must see attraction for any history lover.
- Shenandoah Valley - The Shenandoah National Park is home to some of the best hiking in the nation as well as some fantastic site seeing. If you’re an outdoorsy person you’ll certainly want to block off some time to visit the park, and enjoy its beauty.
Great food and wine, picturesque parks and caverns are just a few of the attractions visitors to Virginia will love. Talk to your Virginia bed and breakfast innkeeper over your hot breakfast for ideas on how to best enjoy all that the state has to offer. If you enjoy history and romance, a bed and breakfast in Virginia is definitely worth a visit.