"The Buckeye State" is famous for the Cincinnati Zoo, Cincinnati Union Terminal, Taft Museum, Neil Armstrong Air and Space Museum, Put-in-Bay Village and Perry Memorial (largest Doric column in the world), Rolling Hills, Farmlands, and Burial Mounds.
Spend time at outstanding Ohio bed & breakfasts
Head to Ohio for fun, adventure and relaxation with a Midwest flair. Whether you're interested in the bright lights of the bigger cities or the rural relaxation the Midwest is famous for, head to the state whose very name greets you. Ohio bed and breakfast inns offer the best of Midwest charm and hospitality.
Ohio is home to the world famous Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, which hosts more than 5,000 animals and is often voted the best zoo in the nation.
If your tastes run on the simple side, you can check out Amish Country, the largest Amish community in the world. More than 100 wineries await wine lovers and 1,100 miles of hiking trails feed your adventurous spirit. In the heart of the Midwest lies Ohio, a state that encompasses an authentic American experience.
From the beach towns on Lake Erie to the city life of Columbus, Cincinnati and Cleveland, to world class museums and world renowned amusement parks. Ohio is a state with a lot to offer, and below you’ll find our top 5 places to visit on your next trip.
- Cedar Point - The roller coaster capital of the world is a top destination in Ohio for good reason. Spend your days riding some of the fastest, tallest and best roller coasters in the world and playing games in the park. On your days outside the park lay on the beach, play volleyball, and take part in many watersports.
- Cincinnati - Cincinnati is one of Ohio’s three major cities and has so much to see and do. From art galleries, conservatories and museums to go-karting, major league sports and vibrant nightlife, a trip to Cincinnati is as flavorful as their chili.
- Columbus - The second major Ohio city to make our list, Columbus is a lively city full of fantastic food, great and unique shops and so much more. Spend your days in any of the great tourist districts from the North Shore to the Arena district strolling through shops, sipping on cocktails and catching up on some rest and relaxation. While you’re there, stop by COSI the nation’s number one science center. And why not watch the Buckeyes at the acclaimed Horseshoe for one of the best college football experiences in the country?
- Cleveland - Museums, Museums and Museums! Cleveland has a great list of museums to check out on your next trip. From the music lover’s favorite, the Rock and Roll hall of fame, to the museums of natural history, art and science. If museums peak your interest, Cleveland is well worth a trip.
- Hocking Hills State Park - Spend some time reconnecting with nature at one of Ohio’s most beautiful state parks. Scenic views, mysterious caves and enormous cliffs make this park an outdoor lover’s dream. Spend your days hiking, sleeping under the stars, and seeing some of the best sights in the state.
Ohio has a rich history just waiting for you to discover. Ask your Ohio bed and breakfast innkeeper to point you in the direction of the adventure you seek most.
If you're looking for other Inns nearby, take a look at our other near by state pages: