The second Bloomsbury Jam-Off is scheduled for Sunday, 14 September 2014! Yes, Jam-Off (amateur jam-off). A panel of jam-loving judges will be selecting the top three entries in the entire universe. Well, the top three of those j-petitors (contestants) who submit jams to be judged. The top three entries will be awarded a Jam-Off Certificate and Prize.
Homemade jams are on the breakfast table every time breakfast is served at Bloomsbury Inn in Camden, South Carolina. Peach Margarita with hot biscuits from Grandmother Sally Rose’s iron skillet…Strawberry Fig with chocolate croissants…Pineapple Spice with hot crescents…
Inn guests are always asking for recipes, regional secrets and tips. In fact, many want to learn how to can. So, in 2001 the competition was opened for j-petitors to submit their best jar of jam and recipe to compete in the first Jam-Off. It is difficult to believe that has been a year ago, but it is time for the second Jam-Off.
Be sure to follow the rules for the second Jam-Off:
* All submissions must reach Bloomsbury not later than 8 September 2014
Bloomsbury Inn, 1707 Lyttleton Street, Camden SC 29020
* Each submission must be made in a pint jar or smaller, home canned (NO commercially produced items please)
* Unfortunately we cannot accept refrigerator jams
* No entry fee
* Acceptable submissions include jam, jelly, preserves, fruit sauces and fruit spreads
* Each submission must be accompanied by a card containing:
J-petitors Name, Address, Telephone Number and Email Address (email addresses will not be shared/sold)
Title of Submission
Category of Submission (jam, jelly, preserve, sauce, spread)
Recipe (this recipe will be shared upon request…so please do not send Auntie Margaret’s Secret Recipe)
* Be sure to tell your friends they should also make a submission (ok — they don’t have to be friends)
So, j-petitors start canning now and be sure to have your j-tastic submission in by 8 September 2014.
Camden SC 29020
1707 Lyttleton St
Camden, SC 29020
This event occurs between
Aug 9, 2014
Sep 14, 2014